I can recall working closely and collaboratively with all my team members individually as well as in a group setting. Through the process of the different projects we have taken on in the past few months we each had a chance to show our skills and use our expertise. I have also had the opportunity to use my knowledge from both before the Master's program and after. I am very proud to say that my role in the group has been very significant as I have managed to achieve the goals and objectives successfully for every project and even to surpass the desired standard at times. I can confidently say that my group has proven itself to be one of the best teams within the class of 2018-2019 and that the results with every project we were given, turned out to be successful and highly appreciated by our clients.
During the course of each project, my role within the group developed and changed at many stages. However, some tasks were always delegated to me. These tasks include managing the creative process, pushing the group away from conventional ideas during our brainstorming sessions, work on the aesthetics of every project, linking the technical and visual elements, and participate in presenting the results and ideas to the clients and teachers. The other temporary responsibilities I was given during this semester were modelling and creating a 3d model, experimenting, conducting user research and analysing the results, applying research findings to the projects, helping with coding, and bringing everything together.
During the Living Roadmap project, Alex and I frequently worked together in trying to understand and formulate a framework of our view upon the energy transition. We created many versions of wireframes and user journeys to define and articulate the systematic approach to the construction of the energy transition architecture. This basically meant distilling the information and organising it into a hierarchical order. Using Alex’s structured and method based mindset and my inquisitive and adventures approach, we worked together to solve this problem. Together we brainstormed, sketched and tried to figure out an order for these puzzle pieces until we had a solution that pleased, not only us, but also the client.
With the Biometric Feedback project, I spent a lot of time working with Maria on the Unity aspect of the project. She focused on bringing the biometric feedback sensor information into unity while I worked with her on connecting this data with an object and its various states. This worked well as we were both proficient in two different parts of unity that came neatly together.
For my non-compulsory project, the Useless Machine, I teamed up with Jolijn and Rowan in order to work on the project. The project is still ongoing, but we have had many successful meetings and brainstormings. The difference in this project is that I am working with people who think very similarly to me and we share many skills and expertise so the challenge is knowing how to divide the work and how to fill in the gaps.
I am hoping that in the second semester my groups and I will be able to face more significant challenges with more confidence and virtue.